Festivals are incomplete without sweets and In India, festivals are incomplete without ladoos.
Ladoo, an Indian sweet can be made using different ingredients in round shape. We can make various ladoos with many ingredients such as motichoor ladoo, rava ladoo, coconut ladoo, besan ladoo and their list is endless.
Especially, one of the my favorite Besan ka Laddoo. Without besan ka ladoo can’t imagine it.
Besan ka Laddoo, An Indian dessert usually made during festive times, Besan ke Ladoo are easily made from roasted besan or gram flour with ghee in a kadai/pan, flavored with sugar and cardamom and shaped it round balls.
Some people also add suji (rava/semolina) to the besan for the crunch. However, I personally prefer without suji besan laddoo.
Let’s make a Yummy Ladoo.
- 2 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom powdered
- Garnishing almonds, pistachios
- Sieve gram flour in a large bowl or a plate and keep aside.
- In a Kadai, melt the ghee and add the gram flour.
- Mix well and Stir over dry low flame.
- Roast it properly, until it turns golden brown. When it is roasted properly, then
- Turn off the heat, add a Cardoman powder.
- Transfer to a large plate and cool down approx. 8-10 minutes. Add a mixture of sugar and mix it well.
- Mix until sugar blended it completely and makes it smooth.
- Shape into tight, hard balls, pressing hard at every stage and makes a round balls. So, that surface becomes smooth.
- Garnish with almonds, pistachios as optional. Serve with snacks and store for almost 4-6 weeks in an air tight container.