Makhan vada, an Indian sweet, that similar to balushahi which is callous from outside and soft from inside. It is a traditional festive recipe from Rajasthan. It’s simple to made and serve in festival.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/6 Cup Ghee
- 1 Cup Yoghurt/ Curd
- 1 Pinch Baking soda
- 1 Pinch Cardamom powder
- Oil/Ghee for deep frying
- 4 – 5 pistachios (Optional)
For Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 – 3 Cardamom
- Make a batter and mix of all purpose flour, ghee, baking soda and mix it with your hands.
- Now add a Yoghurt and make a dough like poori dough. Rest 10-15 minutes.
- Now, Kneed the dough Again and divide into equal portions and makes a small dough and create a dent in each.
- Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai on medium flame and add the balls one by one. Let's them fry it well 4-5 minutes. Turn out the vadas and allow it cook on the other side as well.
- Meanwhile, take sugar and water in a vessel. Add lemon juice and cardamom powder. Prepare a Sugar Syrup. Keep it aside.
- Once the vadas fried and put it into sugar syrup.
- Keep out from Sugar syrup and serve it. Add pistachio if you want.
Don’t add water in Vada dough and keep aside 10-15 minutes.
Share this Recipe